The Parents Association of Realt Na Mara was established in 2009 and its first AGM was held in November 2010.
The purpose of the Parents Association is to provide a structure and means through which the parents of children attending Realt Na Mara can work together for the best possible education of their children. The PA fulfil this commitment by working with Mr. McCaul, Mrs. Clune, the teachers and all the partners in the school community to promote inclusion through social events.
The PA organises events to raise vital funds for the pupils. With ever-increasing school budget cuts, fundraising has never been so important. Our past projects have included:
- Annual table quiz
- Class Calendars
- Cake sale
- First Communion Tea Party
- Mini Marathon
- Sports Day
- Unicycle (Uniform Recycling initiative)
- Church Gate Collection
- Bag Packing
- Clothes Recycling
Money raised has been used in a variety of ways
- PA system for use in the school hall & Mobile PA System
- New playground markings for 2012 & 2017
- Notice board to increase communication with parents
- Storage Units
- Improvements to the school security system
- iPads for the Autism Centre
- Chest Freezer for Sports Day
- Internet Safety Seminars
- Provided a full set of jerseys and shorts for our school teams.
- Provided funding to assist the Board of management in projects such as: the ASD Sensory Room; the School Garden; sports equipment.
Positive input from parents is essential to the success of school life. The Parents association are always hoping to recruit members and/or helpers. Should you be able to offer your support, please leave your details at the school office and a member of the committee will contact you.