We have children in your child’s class and / or other classes in Réalt na Mara who have a severe allergic reaction to peanuts/nuts. This allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock) can occur through ingestion of peanut/nut products, cross contamination and breathing peanuts in the air.
Since this condition can be life threatening, we are asking for your help in minimising the risk to these children:
- a) Avoiding giving children peanuts in school lunches
- b) Avoiding giving peanut butter sandwiches, other spreads containing nuts such as Nutella and snacks/bars containing nuts or labelled “may contain nut traces” in school lunches
- c) Asking children not to share their lunches.
Due to the severity of the problem, it is important that all parents carry out the suggested measures and reduce the risk of allergic reaction to these children.
We thank you for your co-operation.