Scoil Náisiúnta Réalt na Mara Réalt na Mara National School
Mill street, Dundalk, Co Louth, A91 TD3H
Principal: Mr Phil McCaul
I hope this letter finds you and your family well. I know you are all missing our normal way of life at the moment. Although we have only missed nine school days so far, it feels like much much more. We will all truly appreciate school life when we eventually get to the other side of this pandemic.
Up to now we have been using our new school website to upload work suggestions for pupils. While we must recognise that academic work is not the highest priority at the moment, it is nevertheless a vital part of keeping a normal routine and good mental health. This website was sufficient over the short term but if school closures extend beyond Easter, we need an improved means of linking with pupils. To that end we intend to use the ‘Seesaw’ platform so that teachers can view work/projects/pictures that your child uploads and give feedback/comments.
So what needs to be done to set up this platform?
- Teachers will create their own individual email address to be used for the period of school closure. They will publish their email address on their class section of the school website.
- You are invited to send an email to your child’s teacher to confirm that you give consent for your child to be added to a closed class group. (Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the Seesaw platform online)
- The Teacher will add your child to their group and follow up with an email to your email address with login instructions/codes.
- If schools remain closed after Easter, teachers will assign work and your child will use the Seesaw platform to send work back to the teacher for correction/feedback. This should assist parents to motivate their child to do work in the absence of a ‘school’ framework.
- Special Education Teachers will in some cases, co-teach with a class teacher and set work for pupils who they normally assist.
For now, please remember to
A) Keep an eye on the school website.
B) Respond with a consent letter to the teacher’s email when this address is published (one consent per child)
C) Continue to work as usual this week using suggested list on the website
Stay safe and well. It’s important that we all work together, apart but please remember that you are not alone.