Dear Parents/ guardians,
In the interest of child safety and the smooth running of the school you are requested to observe the following practices:
- No adults should be present in the school yard before school. Parents should remain outside the green gate so that school staff can ensure the children’s safety and ensure that no pupil exits the gate after they have entered.
- Parents may accompany their child as far as the green gate at the entrance to the playground. Parents are not permitted to enter the school yard unless in exceptional circumstances.
- On wet and icy mornings, all children will be directed into the building via the front door at 8.40am. Pupils may, on some occasions, be ushered into the school hall in advance of the 8.40am bell on very wet mornings, subject to the availability of supervision cover. On dry days, all pupils – including infants – enter the school via the green gate.
- Under no circumstances should children be directed to their classroom before their class group have left the school yard / shelter.
- We take this opportunity to remind you not to use Quayside Business Park as a pick up/drop off area.
Chairperson Parents Association